- 1983 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 foolscap printed volume, stapled, 33p.
Name of creator
A voluntary association of those dedicated to the preservation of the history of Sandton and its surrounds. It published a series of annual magazines between 1978 and c.1995 which include a number of articles on Driefontein Farm on which the College was built,
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Accumulated by the BC Library
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Sandton Historical Association Annual Magazine #7, 1983
2) MEMBERSHIP FORM
4) INTRODUCTION by the Editor to a series of four articles concerning the farm DRIEFONTEIN which is of special importance
today as the historical WEBER HOUSE still stands on this farm.
5) FROM 1859 : LANDOWNERS OF DRIEFONTEIN by E. J. Carruthers. The story of the land and its various owners over the 120 years since the first farms were proclaimed in the Transvaal.
6) THE LOST HOUSES OF DRIEFONTEIN by Professor R. J. Mason. Report on an investigation of the site of the 1890 - 1926 Wilhelmi Farm, which remains only as a ruin, carried out by the Archaeological Research Unit of the University of the Witwatersrand.
7) WHY THE WEBER HOUSE IS WORTHY OF PRESERVATION by Juliet Marais Louw. Mrs. Marais Louw, who spent much of her childhood in what is now Sandton, makes a plea for the old WEBER HOUSE to be saved for posterity.
8) 1908 - THE WRIGHT FAMILY ARRIVE AT DRIEFONTEIN by Juliet Marais Louw. A portrait of some of the people who have lived at
9) PASSING OF A PIONEER. Poetic Tribute to Mrs. E. Wilhelmi
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright St Stithians College, the Sandton Historical Association and authors of the individual articles.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Wilhelmi family (Subject)
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Record created by MR 20230516