- 1953 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
A5 and A4 bound magazines from 1953 onwards for all Campus schools
Name of creator
Methodist school founded on a portion of the farm Driefontein by the Trust from the proceeds of the bequests of Cornishmen: Albert Charles Collins and William Mountstephens.
A full set of physical magazines has been retained by the Libraries on Campus and the College Archives over the years and includes a few donated copies.
One bound set is available in the each Resource Centre and a second set in the Archive. Where available, three separate copies of each magazine are kept in the Archive. Copies over and above these are available for distribution to any alumnus requiring a copy.
All magazines have been digitised or are in the process of being digitised.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
School magazines recording the life and activities of the BC and BP between 1953 and 1995. Beyond 1995, each school produced their own magazine, with the BC retaining the name "Stythian". The BP produced a yearbook until 2000 with a gap until 2018, when publication of a yearbook was resumed.
School magazines for the Collegiate covered both GC and GP for the years 1995 to 1999 and thereafter the GC and GP produced their own Yearbook.
There is no magazine for the Junior Prep.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Name access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Record created by MR 20200814
Digital object metadata